Hubs likes to point out that I usually bake on the hottest day of the year, because somehow, 98 degree weatherscreams, "freshly baked bread!" Whatever, he eats half a loaf before it even cools off.
Anyway, my neighbor has pear trees and I am so jealous. Last ear, he told us to pick some if we wanted, but as I mentioned before, I was hugely preggers with Tootsie and thought I'd better stay away from more projects than my very limited energy could stand. Oh, and also I guess there is something about front-heavy pregnant ladies not climbing ladders. So, we didn't take any pears last year.
This year is obviously a different story. In fact, I've been stalking said pear trees for weeks, ever since I saw the golden raindrops appear on it's branches.
Our neighbor is a dude, Hubs is a Dude. This automatically makes any business between our houses Man Work. I told Hubs over and over to ask if we could have pears this year. Do you think he asked?
He said, "I'm sure it's fine, just pick them."
So, I did. And then I Facebooked my neighbor to tell him what I'd done. His response?
"You know I have a neighbor who is a police officer. I might have to report you."
Good thing I know that police officer and he's scared of me.
Pear Muffins from one of my favorite bloggers.
It went from here...
to here...
to here!
They are tasty! Lovie and Tootsie gobbled them up. My mom showed up just in time to have one and I sent a few home with her for my dad. What a nice daughter I turned out to be.
Hubs ate one when he got home and the next morning told me he thinks these are his favorite muffins.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?