Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cookies!

In an attempt to be healthier, I want to incorporate more whole grains into our food. And because there is now way we are going to stop eating stuff like cookies, I am trying to find healthier ways to make the stuff my family loves.

My mom and dad gave me this book yesterday.

My mom asked if the recipes will make us healthy. Not healthy, Mom, but healthier.  Baby steps, k?

The first recipe is for Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies. Since I had almost*  all of the ingredients, I took it as a sign that I should definitely make them.

 *I did not have bittersweet chocolate, so I used a mix of milk and dark.

 The recipe only made 18 cookies, but they are BIG. And they are delicious! A little crisp on the edge and chewy and moist in the middle. Seriously, a perfect cookie. And whole wheat!

This is the only one left. 
OK, not really. They are really rich and believe it or not one is enough. (I can't believe I just wrote that!)


So, recipe #1 is a hit. I'll have to hide a couple of these for my mom & dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is anyone out there?