I had a dream last night that Hubs and I bought an old farmhouse and were moving in with the chickens and two little lambs. Please don't burst my bubble by reminding me farm life is actually a ton of work and not the enchanted life I imagine.
Hubs is lucky I have a full-time job, because otherwise would be farming-up the back yard to an unrecognizable state.
Thankfully, my township has OK'd a few backyard chickens. The ladies have been growing feathers in our garage since Easter and today we picked up their super fancy coop!
The ladies weren't terribly impressed when I carried them out to look at Chateau Cluck Cluck. What the hell? This place is awesome and you are gonna love it, chickys!
Tootsie and Lovie thought it was so cool.
The chicks are still in their tub with the heat light, but they'll be ready to make the move soon. We let them loose in the confines of the fenced in garden for the first time. They act like they don't want me around, but as soon as they were out in the real world, they stuck close to me! I guess they are teen-aged chicks?
From the top, clockwise:Lily, Tressa, Lucy & Tinker Bell
They are really getting beautiful with their feathers coming in.
Here's my wanna-be farmgirl:
Here's how my day started:
She almost looks like a tiny baby again!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?