Thursday, April 19, 2012

She's no baby

Tootsie is just like her momma. She wakes up early, ready for the day. The two of us enjoy breakfast together while Lovie and Hubs sleep away the morning.

We babysat our neighbors' baby boy this week for a couple of hours. I'll tell you what, there is nothing like a baby to put your "baby" into perspective. My little Tootsie is getting so big, it hurts my heart just a little.
When Tootsie was born, Lovie was younger than Tootsie is now. What the hell were we thinking having babies so close together? Who cares now, cuz it is the best.

The girls were wild for the baby. I had to play guard the whole time, or I think they would have mauled the poor kid.
Lovie said over and over, "I need to hug him."  When I picked him up, she dragged a chair from the table over because, "I need to see him."
She's such an awesome big sister. While I was trying to put the baby to sleep, she sang Twinkle Twinkle to him so soflty.
Then the girls played with the blanket and boppy. Tootsie would cover Lovie up and say, "Night baby." It was so stinkin' cute.
So, it's official. My baby is not a baby anymore. For crying out loud, why did it take a baby for me to see it? Look at her grown-up hair-do!
And her version of the morning newspaper and "coffee".
Another benefit of watching that sweet little boy was the realization that two kids is enough for me. Don't tell Hubs, he gets a little puffed-up when he's right.


“I take it not only a day at a time, but a moment at a time, and keep it at that pace. If you can be happy right now, then you’ll always be happy, because it’s always in the now.” ~Willie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is anyone out there?