Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Where is Papa?

I've been taking care of the bills for my parents while my dad has been in the hospital. This includes several trips to their house when I run in and Hubs stays in the car with the girls. Lovie is always upset that she doesn't get to go in and we explain that Papa and Grandma are not home.

"Where is Papa?"
Papa is in the hospital. He is sick.
"His tummy hurts? He spit his milk?"  She's remembering a few weeks ago when Tootsie puked up an entire bottle on our bedspread.
Sort of.
"He go the office?" Like they do at her school. Oh, baby, I wish it were that simple.

I stare at my dad's hands and they are just like mine. We are so much the same and different, too. I don't know that I would have the same fight in me that he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is anyone out there?