Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Alone Together

 It is so easy to get lost in my role as momma.  My life needs balance and I do a poor job of allocating my time and energy.

I needed to give to my marriage. So, I did one of the hardest things a momma can do, I left my kids for five days. FIVE DAYS

Hubs and I have never been on vacation alone. He was a dad long before I met him, so anything more than a night away included his son.

Some friends who are family bought a house in Florida on Marco Island. They said come and I knew we needed time together, so we went. For FIVE DAYS. Away from my children-the two people who are the reasons I live. For FIVE DAYS

It was awful and wonderful all at the same time.

Wonderful


Wonderful


Wonderful



Awful because my heart ached for these two.

It was so hard to leave, but in a way I was doing it for them, too. I want to have a happy, loving and supportive relationship with Hubs. I want our marriage to be an example of how relationships can and should be. I know one of the best things I can do for the girls is to love their dad.



But really, how could I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is anyone out there?