I left work early on Friday and have been running since.
We started with the egg dyeing. I decided to make homemade color this year. I used onion skins, blueberries and cherries.
I boiled each for a few minutes in water with a splash of vinegar.
Then I strained it into jars.
Left to Right: blueberry, onion skin, cherry
Hubs and the girls used crayons on the eggs first.
I swear my kids is a genius. Look close, Lovie said, "it's eyes and a nose and a mouf!"
We left the eggs in the dye all day.
After a quick trip to visit Papa,(emphasis on quick-a three year old and an 18 month old are not exactly the most calming hospital visitors) we made a trip to the farm supply store.
Here are the newest members of our household:
| Peep peep! |
They are the most exciting thing to happen to Lovie since a robin made a nest and laid eggs in out garage window last spring.
After chicken naming, the kids played and reminded me why cousins are awesome.
Again the garden, oh the garden, it heals my soul.My garden beds are full of promise. Hope springs eternal, man.
Hubs re-installed by rain barrel. this time up on cinder blocks so I can get my watering can under the spigot.
Saturday night ended late after an evening with new friends, cold beer and the best damn pizza in town- homemade by Hubs.
Today started early, I had to get the casserole in the oven for brunch at my brother's house. Aunt Jody's Breakfast is the holiday favorite around here.
The Easter Bunny left some treats for Lovie and Tootsie.
Does anybody else think Easter has gotten a little crazy? It's like Christmas with the gifts! Bunny brought a flashlight, bubbles and a little candy for my girls. I think it is enough.
He (she?) did hide our eggs for us, though. Onion skin on top, cherries in the middle (kind of a bust) and blueberries on the bottom.
Chocolate buzz for breakfast? Yes, please.
Then the hunt was on:
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed your family as much as I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?