Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cowgirl Wedding

 Here's the final product. After many, many cake experiments, King Arthur won. I did make butter cream frosting, per the bride's request, but let me tell you I tried half a dozen other frostings first. I was desperately trying to find one that tastes as good but isn't so much effing work. No luck, so butter cream was made.

 But I love this gal and would gladly do it again.

Some a-hole brought a professionally made wedding cake to help feed the masses. It made my cake look like the homemade dress in a beauty pageant. Boo.


 But I have to tell you, my cake was freaking awesome. And Hubs said it was not the 12 beers I drank telling me it was awesome. It really was awesome!
(I had to stop the chocolate-crazed guests to snap that picture before they gobbled up what was left.)




As a side-note, Hubs and I had a fabulous time together at the wedding and reception. We are almost never without the girls. I did a lot of cussing and Hubs did a lot of dirty talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is anyone out there?