We went to our local apple orchard. I had big ideas about picking a bushel of apples for eating and saucing and pie making. They only had McIntosh and Empire, though, and I really like to have a mix of several types. So, we only picked half a bushel or a peck or whatever the hell you call it.
Lovie was in heaven. She loves apples. "More ap-poe?" She says it over and over. Lucky for the farmer, she only ate one this year. Last year when we went, I was extremely pregnant with Tootsie and did not have the energy to stop her from taking 3 bites of an apple, dropping it and going back for more. I'm pretty sure she destroyed 2 dozen last year.
The temps have dropped and I've got a cold. Not a good combo for garden harvesting and preserving. Bleh.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?