Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Demin

David Sedaris is one of my favorite authors. Hubs took me to see him “in concert” last night. Seriously, the dude is so funny!
We took the elevator to the second floor because Hubs is still on crutches from his hip replacement.  We step out of the elevator and there is David (yeah, we’re on a first name basis), sitting 2 feet away from me signing books.
Did I think to bring one of my books for him to sign? No, of course not.  Fortunatly for me, they were selling his books right there and that sweet guy I married bought one for me to get signed.
The show was great. Hubs said, “I like it when he cusses.” I like him because his writing shows me the ordinary world through the neurotic, slightly OCD eyes of this talented humorist.
I think he should come to our house for dinner. Surely, an evening with my family would inspire a new novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is anyone out there?