I just finished talking with Hubs' surgeon, the second hip is in place and Hubs is in recovery. The nagging headache that started the minute they wheeled him away from me is hangin' in, but the tightness in my shoulders is lessening. It's still strange to say the words out loud...Hubs had his hip replaced.
We joke about how he reeled me in. When we met he was in the police academy, young and strong. Then a mere 5 years later, he is all busted up with his old man hips and habit of itching his ear with the arm of his glasses.
In 5 years, he has gone from just a guy I'm "hangin' out with" to the father of my children and best friend.
We have a challenging couple of weeks ahead of us (remember the so-cranky-he's-mean husband?), but there is an end is sight. It won't be too long before we are just Momma and Daddy again, rather than the couple dealing with back-to-back hip replacements.
Aunt Patty is en route to my house. She will we be loving my babies before I get home and for that I am so grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?