I have been thinking a lot about traditions. The temp are cooling in Michigan and the brisk winds whisper to me: Thanksgiving, snow, Christmas...
I want so badly to create traditions and memories for my girls. Stuff they will look forward to each year and look back on when they are grown. I was feeling a little sad, like I had been letting them down-not giving them enough of what they deserve.
But the more I thought about it and started to make plans, I realized we already really do have traditions.
Every Halloween we carve pumpkins. All of us together. Hubs even makes his son do it with us-we like to torture him every once in a while with mandatory Family Time.
 |
Lovie is scooping in this picture, but mostly she just smacks the pumpkin over and over with her spoon.
|
 |
Tootsie shoveled a handful of pumpkin guts into her mouth. It's a vegetable, right?
|
 |
I carved the middle one. It's a bird.
|
 |
| Sister loves to stare into the pumpkin. |
 |
| Here she is last year...staring. What the heck does she see in there? |
 |
| Lovie was a cowgirl, because she LOVES Woody, Jessie and Bullseye |
 |
| Tootsie was a fairy. What's cuter than babies in tights? |
 |
| Lovie said, "Tricky Treat!" |
 |
| Then she would run back to me and squeal, "Mommy! Look!" |
 |
| My cowgirl with Jane and Lola-both Sleeping Beauty. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?