Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stuffed Wontons

I have a confession to make. While I really, really do want to feed my family healthy, made from scratch meals, I fall short of my goal often. One of my biggest weaknesses is those tasty stupid pre-packaged cheese tortellinis in the refrigerator case at the grocery store. Probably twice a month, when Hubs is working, I throw them into some chicken stock with veggies and make soup for dinner. It's so easy and it really does taste good, but I decided I can do better.

Tonight, I stuffed wonton wrappers with a mix similar to what Martha uses for her Wonton Soup.

I used ground pork, napa cabbage, green onions, ginger (oh, Martha-way too much ginger), garlic, finely grated carrot, soy sauce and sesame oil.

I filled the wonton wrappers and put them on a parchment lined, cookie sheet to freeze.
I'll just throw them in a freezer bag and they'll be ready for my next last-minute dinner throw-down.

I also made a few to fry and try. Ha!


Hubs and I dipped those golden babies in a quick sauce of sesame oil, sesame seeds and soy sauce. Thinly sliced green onion in there is great, too, but I skipped it this time. My sister-in-law is Asian and this awesome dipping sauce is a trick I learned from her.



The wontons were tasty, but I think next time I'll do a version of my sister-in-law's mondu dumplings instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is anyone out there?