I’m a morning person. I get up early, before the rest of my family. I walk the dog, I do the dishes, I make coffee, and I clean up messes I happily ignored the night before. I love the quite, I love getting things done without feeling like I’m missing out on my girls, I love the time to sort out the chaos in my mind.
But I also love when my bubble of solitude pops. Sometimes it’s Hubs with a smiling Tootsie. Sometimes it the pat, pat, pat of Lovie’s feet in the hallway.
Lovie wakes and comes quickly to find us. Her hair is tousled; her cheeks rosy and her eyes aren’t quite open. She comes to us with her arms open, waiting to be held. Hubs and I fight over these precious moments of time with Lovie. The Morning Snuggle is what we call it. Its a few minutes with Lovie when she is the sweetest and calmest and I cannot get enough of her.
Seriously, it’s magic.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?