2005
I met a friend out on a Wednesday night. It was a country bar; she is a country girl who loves to two-step. I sat on the sidelines, watching her with her latest love interest. They danced and laughed and smiled. I knew I wanted that and I knew that I would never have it with the guy I was seeing. I remember feeling a little sad, knowing I had to end a relationship because I knew it would never be what I needed.
On my way home, I stopped at a hole-in-the-wall bar in a crappy part of town. My neighbor had told me earlier in the night he was meeting a friend there for a few drinks and I should stop by.
My life changed that night.
2009
I love Willie Nelson. Love, Love, Love him. I can’t think of a single soul cooler than Willie Nelson. When he was going to perform in a small, outdoor venue close to my favorite aunt’s house, I couldn’t pass up the chance to see him.
I told my parents, “We are going to Aunt Patty’s the first weekend in June to see Willie Nelson. I think we are going to get married that weekend, too, so you should probably plan to come up.”
It was wonderful…relaxed, intimate, and joyful. Two years ago today, I married Hubs.
And oh man, I love that guy!
And oh man, I love that guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?