I called in sick to work yesterday. I called it a Mental Health day. You know the expression “Bored to Tears”? That is the literal description of me at work. My level of frustration at work hit a peak this week that made it feel impossible for me to go in on Thursday, so I didn’t.
And let me tell you, it was so worth it. The icing on the cake was that my hubby was off work, too. I got a whole day of my kids and my hubby all to myself. That doesn’t happen very often at my house.
I got up at 6, cleaned and rearranged my kitchen, we had breakfast, I made homemade beef stock from bones and scraps I had in the freezer, I made dough for tortillas, we visited the cousins, Hubs made an amazing dinner, baths, movie, bedtime….whew. I was a great day, not as exciting as my single days, but I wouldn’t trade my life for anything.
I got up at 6, cleaned and rearranged my kitchen, we had breakfast, I made homemade beef stock from bones and scraps I had in the freezer, I made dough for tortillas, we visited the cousins, Hubs made an amazing dinner, baths, movie, bedtime….whew. I was a great day, not as exciting as my single days, but I wouldn’t trade my life for anything.
This upcoming Monday, my hubby is having his right hip replaced. No need to re-read. Yes, I said hip replaced. And no, I am not a much younger, second wife.
My handsome husband is 33. His hips, though, are closer to 70. It’s hard to know for sure, but years of football and wrestling may be the culprit. Although he doesn’t complain to other people, I know he is in constant, terrible pain.
I’ve been in denial about this for a long time. I thought, somehow, a miracle would occur and his hips would be magically healed. When we started talking replacement more than 6 months ago, I just never dreamed the actual day would come.
Well, Monday is fast approaching and my blissful state of denial is no more.
After a reassuring appointment with the surgeon, I think that not only will my hubby have a successful replacement, his quality of life will improve such that we will kick ourselves for waiting so long.
So, here’s to Mental Health days and artificial joints making our lives better!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Is anyone out there?